I am still a little frazzled and fermished from this recent bout with illness. Aside from my dysfunctional digestive system I have few ailments and rarely get sick. Although I should add that since my son started school he has managed to pass along a number of colds to me. I love sharing his life, but I am not interested in sharing illnesses, there are happier things to share.
In light of the election and various posts I have encountered I’d like to encourage you all to consider making a difference in the world in some way. And I’d to suggest that we remember that it is not always necessary to do something that helps large groups of people.
Sometimes the more important and more helpful things are those that are focused on a couple or even one person. Because if you believe in the concept of viral marketing it only takes impacting a couple of lifes to really help many.
And let’s not complicate things by trying to raise vast sums of money or generate awareness about various illnesses. Let’s make this really simple and try and do one of the following things:
1) Smile at people. They are contagious, sometimes your smile will be the thing that makes someone else crack a grin.
2) Cook dinner for your spouse/girlfriend/partner/significant other.
3) Hug at least 5 people today.
4) Help someone with their groceries.
5) Call a friend/family member/loved one and thank them for being a part of your life.
Simple things can make a difference.