Farming Killer Cone Snails a Risky Affair

This is fascinating, just so interesting. I had no idea.

“But cone snails are potentially dangerous, especially the fish-eating types. There is no antidote if a person gets stung. Usually, the victim is paralyzed and can’t breathe, and is immediately placed on respiratory support in the emergency room. Recovery can take several hours to a few weeks.

In unfortunate cases, a person can die within an hour of being stung. Some 30 people have been reported killed by cone snails during sea expeditions dating back to the 1930s. ”

(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)

1 Comment

  1. Stacey November 1, 2004 at 5:44 am

    I’d never heard of these cone snails. Interesting.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You may also like