An Open Letter To the Insurance Companies
Dear People Of The Insurance Field,
We hold these truths to be self-evident:
- You spend copious amounts of time constructing literature that is intentionally confusing and difficult to understand.
- Your customer support team is confused as well by this and more often than not unable to explain the rationale and reason behind your policies.
- You often instruct your team to deny claims because you hope that people will just let it go.
- You are more interested in making a dime than helping people.
- There is a ridiculous amount of bureaucratic red tape that is also intentional because it is part of a system that is designed to discourage your clients from questioning your policies.
- If we paid you with the same speed with which you pay your claims there would be a hundred collection notices sent out to each individual account.
And that is my five minute post. Not a great rant, not even good, but it has potential.
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)
Pragmatician March 20, 2006 at 12:03 pm
So true, but ultimately insurances are a business like any other, designed for maximum profit not maximum help.
Stacey March 20, 2006 at 6:23 am
I loved this rant. It is so true!