I am Going To Toothpasteworld
On My next vacation I am going to Toothpasteworld. Allow me to share some interesting facts about toothpaste.
- Toothpaste is an abrasive paste (an abrasive is something that will scratch or grind something)
- In the case of toothpaste it grinds away the leftover food and plaque on your teeth, with the help of your toothbrush.
- The abrasive in toothpaste is called Dicalcium phosphate dihydrate and it makes up about a 5th of a tube of toothpaste
- The other main part of toothpaste is the paste which is made up of water and things to help it spread through your mouth easily like a type of detergent which makes it foam and something to make your teeth shiny.
Did You Know?
- The flavours of toothpaste are usually from plants like Spearmint and Peppermint most toothpastes are sweetened with artificial sweetener.
- Before toothpaste was invented people used all kinds of dry, rough things as an abrasive to clean their teeth â€“ things like crushed eggshell, pumice the burnt hooves of animals!!!
- Before toothbrushes were invented people used twigs or their fingers to brush their teeth.
- A couple of hundred years ago when people didnâ€™t know about brushing their teeth most people had black rotten teeth especially if they ate lots of sugar like Queen Elizabeth the first.
Perhaps you’d like some help in determining which toothpaste you should buy. Toothpasteworld can help you with that.
I’ll let you ponder this for a bit. In the interim I need to brush up on a few things. Excuse me while I root around a bit.