1) Why did you start blogging and what do you hope to do with it?
I started blogging because I realized that I would never have the time, energy and patience to write a book. Oh, and the talent. I don’t have specific goals in mind, I’m just enjoying the process right now.
2) What is the most rewarding part of blogging? What is the most disappointing part of blogging. Are there any topics that are off limits?
It’s rewarding and amazing that anyone actually gives a shit about what I have to say, and when they respond, I do a little dance. A very little dance, because I am incredibly lazy and uncoordinated.
The most disappointing part has been that my husband has yet to say, “Hey, why don’t you quit your job and devote yourself to blogging full time?”
As for off-limits, my husband hates it when I blog about him, so I suppose he’s off limits. Good thing that I have another husband who doesn’t mind when I blog about him.
3) What don’t people know about you that you wish they did?
That I often confuse the words “yesterday” and “tomorrow” in English, Spanish and Russian.
4) Do you ever regret having moved to the U.S.?
Not for one second.
5) How did you learn how to speak English? Do you have an accent?
I’ve been thinking about writing a post about that soon. Oh my god, you can’t read my mind, can you?
We lived in Italy for 5 months and I attended school that was supposed to teach us English. The teachers didn’t speak Russian, so it was a total waste of time and none of us knew what the hell was going on.
When I arrived in NY, I went to an Yeshiva, and I literally just “picked up” English. Hebrew, not so much.
Most people say that I don’t have an accent, but my husband thinks that I have an untraceable accent.
6) When you’re not blogging, working, or playing mom/wife what do you do for fun? What would your perfect day be like?
I read a lot and I watch tons of TV. I think my perfect day would consist of being left the hell alone. With a beer.
7) If you had three wishes what would they be?
I’m assuming health, wealth, world peace, kids’ happiness are all taken care of, right? So I don’t have to waste my time on that.
8) Can I tell you about my last three dreams. 😉
Your timing could not be better! I just ran out of Ambien!
9) People seem to love or hate N.Y.C. What category do you fall into? Is it a place to live for a short time or the city you want to live in forever?
I love New York and I can’t imagine living anywhere else. I have many friends who’ve lived in NYC for shorter periods of time and it makes me sad when they move, but the good thing about NYC is that almost everyone comes back to visit eventually.
I hope that I can live here forever, but it’s expensive and sometimes very draining. So please send cash. Thanks!
10) Name your three favorite blogs?
It’s hard to narrow it down to three. But the three that I love this week is Anymommy, The Bloggess and Wendi Aarons.
11) If you were stuck on a desert island and could only take five books and five albums what would they be?
Moby Dick, The Fountainhead, James Joyce’s Ulysses, War & Peace and that book that it’s all the Starbucks stores that’s narrated by a dog. Because the only way that I’d ever read those is if I were on a desert island.
12) Disneyland or Disneyworld?
I’ve been to the one in Florida, before I had kids. Yes, my kids are completely Disney-deprived.
13) Coke or Pepsi?
Both and neither. I don’t drink soda regularly. And I’m not sure that I could pass a blind taste test.
14) Thick or Thin crust?
Both! Slight preference for thick!
15) What do you hope to accomplish with this interview? Do you have any concerns about my post giving the wrong impression of you?
My goal is to accomplish something that I do best–blather on about myself. And until you mentioned it, I had no concerns about your giving the wrong impression of me. Of course now that’s all that I can think about.
(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)