Things That Frighten Me 2009
Every year I run a post that offers a list of things that frighten me. This list was composed around 2005 or so. As it says below some of these are still relevant and some are from the distant past. I probably should take a hard look and see if it is time to add or delete things.
This a list of things that have frightened me in my life. Some are still relevant and some are not. But I thought that it might be interesting to just throw them all out there to see what they look like during daylight hours. P.S. I have explanations for all of these, but I may not include them on the list. Why? I just don’t feel like it. 🙂
- The Dark.
- The Amityville Horror scared me.
- Oscar the Grouch
- Bigfoot- The one from the Bionic Man television Show. He gave Steve Austin plenty of trouble.
- The Creature in the Legend of Boggy Creek
- A couple of dogs that chased me on my paper route.
- The homeless guy from the park.
- V.L.- He and I got into a fight in high school. I pretty much kicked his ass up and down the corridor, but I do remember shaking with adrenalin afterwards. For about two weeks I was concerned that I was going to have to face him and his older brother again.
- Having my heart broken again.
- Breaking someone’s heart.
- Not being able to provide for my family.
- Letting my children down.
- Not making it to the bathroom in time.
- Finding out that I have a child that I didn’t know about.- Ladies this is never a problem for you, but we men wonder about this sometimes.
- Being mugged at an ATM- When I was in college a guy was murdered at the ATM I used that day. It was several hours after I had used it, but….
- Something happening to my children.
- Getting stuck at a job I hate.
- Never living out my dreams.
- Being paralyzed.
- Losing a parent/close friend or family member- Actually I have lost several friends and family members, but it is still a fear.
- Being eaten alive or mauled seriously by a hog. (But I won’t go down easily, so sirree Bob.)
- Losing my perspective on life and why most of these things are nonsense.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)