The Versatile Blogger- Things You Might Not Know
|I am a 5 Tool Athlete, er blogger.|
So Rose over at World Outside my Window has bestowed the Versatile Blogger Award upon me. With my thanks and appreciation for this I will let you know that the rules stipulate that I provide you with some more information about me
1) I was a child piano playing prodigy, until the age of 4. Unfortunately my piano teacher inadvertently closed the piano upon my fingers. The accident wrecked my fingers and I haven’t been able to play since.
2) Bob Dylan and I sang happy birthday together. Ok, it wasn’t a duet but it really was Dylan. He stood two feet away from me and clapped off beat.
3) I have been blogging anonymously for six years now. So I have actually done this kind of thing a few times.
4) Every time I do it I fabricate part of it.
5) My life is different from what I thought that it would be.
6) I love movies that have a character that has loved and lost- Casablanca and Unforgiven come to mind.
7) I was evacuated from a Forest Fire when I was 16 and have been through several major earthquakes.
8) My first car was a 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger. That was followed by a 1977 Cheverolet Impala Station Wagon. Then I had a 1977 Camaro, it was Blue. That was followed by a 1990 Toyota Camry Station Wagon. That was followed by a 1996 Honda Accord and a 2000 Honda CRV.
9) I took my Dart off roading, did donuts in the quad at my high school, drove through trash cans, shopping carts and endless other barriers that we would assemble.
10) In high school I helped an underclassman sneak out by allowing him to hide in the trunk of the Dart. I didn’t want to do it but he begged me for a month and I finally gave in. I drove for about 3 miles before I let him out, but not before I hit every speed bump and dip I could find. When he got out of the car he was covered in a ton of muck, not to mention some oil I kept in the trunk.
11) I send in 8 secrets a week to the Post Secret Blog. It is an endless source of amusement.
12) When I was younger sometimes I would get in my car and just drive until something caught my eye.
13) When I was a child I was scared silly of Bigfoot.
14) I could eat pizza every day and never get tired of it.
15) Speaking of food I love a good steak, great sushi, coffee and scotch. But not necessarily in that order.
16) I want to write books and screenplays.
17) I love to swim at the beach but am afraid of being eaten by a shark.
18) Clarification: if I had to pick ways to die that frighten me being eaten alive is right up there, so is being burned alive.
19) I think that I am going to outlive most people I know. It is not necessarily a good thing.
20) My mother may read this so it is being censored/adjusted to protect the innocent.
21) I sing like a nightengale, loud and offkey.
22) I’d like to be an expert in many fields. Let’s start with history, medicine and science.
23) I wish that I was a better writer and that I could still play the piano.
24) I have a very graphic imagination.
25) I have issues with the following years, 1989, 2009, 2029 and 2049. Not real fond of 2069 and 2089 either.
26) I once tore open a steel can of apple juice with my bear hands.
27) I negotiated a deal with Wilt Chamberlain to open the Wilt Chamberlain Charm school and Dating Seminar. Sadly he died before our dream came to fruition.
28) If I had a hammer I’d hammer in the morning.
29) I explored making aliyah and still intend to do it one day.
30) I color outside the lines and think outside of the box. But that is because I can.
31) I taught the Shmata Queen higher math and the meaning behind 596983168.
32) I’d like to speak, read and write a dozen languages fluently.
33) I am a Taurus.
34) I am happy being the life of the party or the quiet guy in the corner. People provide me with endless sources of amusement.
35) I have a bad habit of creeping into the background of vacation pictures. Yep, that is me standing behind you at the Washington Monument, Grand Canyon and Eiffel Tower.
36) If you don’t love so hard it hurts you don’t know what love is about. If you don’t chase your dreams because you fear the consequences you haven’t really lived.
37) I love warm weather and would never notice if I never saw snow again.
38) I have been to about 38 of the states in the U.S. and will hit the rest soon.
39) I want to compete and finish the Ironman when I turn 50.
40) Fragments of Fiction is just that, Fragments. If you think you recognize yourself in there it could be because you are/were a part of my life or I am just really good at picking out common themes, traits and experiences we share.
41) I am a restless soul and always have been. But there are times, places and people I remember where it wasn’t always like that. I have learned to accept that these moments in time are just that, moments in time. But there is no law stating how long a moment really is. Could be seconds or millenia.
42) Every day I draw closer to destiny. Each moment that passes I work hard to see that when destiny and I finally meet I am ready for it/her/him/them/us.