Other Places I Write
If you are one of the seventeen long time readers you have been privileged to watch me become one of the leading bloggers in my space. Yes, I am number one in a field of two, although that other guy hasn’t updated his blog in 18 months so maybe it is just me. Hmm…maybe I should take that as a sign of my dominance and crow about how I crush the opposition. Yeah, I like that, I can be like Conan the Barbarian who says that what is best in life is to “To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women.”
Way backÂ during the Ice Age when I was in college one of the guys used that same quote except he said “laminations” instead of “lamentations.” I called him The Office Barbarian for a while. Speaking of barbarians I once earned that moniker for myself. It was the summer of 1985 and my girlfriend and I had just broken up. Her best friend screamed at me and told me that I was an Uncivilized Barbarian. I remember that for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was that it took place in the middle of Jerusalem. I remember listening and then trying to figure out how to say it in Hebrew.Â I suppose that is indicative of how seriously I took her insult.
Anyway, I want to shift the focus to back to the future we spoke about that summer, the 21st century. Since it just so happens we are currently living in the 21st century I can tell you that some of our predictions weren’t quite what we thought that they would be:
- I don’t own a jetpack or any sort of Jetson’s like car.
- Anne Stacey didn’t go to prom with me, but we did have one torrid love affair. Ah, the sweet memories of youth.
- The Celtics did fade into obscurity and the Lakers were dominant.
- The Dodgers won another World Series title (1988) but sadly haven’t repeated it.
- We have portable movie players.
- I topped out at 5’10, never did make it to 6’2.
- Rocky 49 hasn’t been made yet but there is still time for that to happen
Enough of the nostalgia let’s get back to talking about my words, my writing and the posts that you might not have seen because they appear elsewhere. You can find some of my work here. But there are others floating around cyberspace and while I won’t link to all of them I will share some here:
- Be a Better Blogger- Write With Passion
- The Golden Age of Blogging
- Self Promotion and Community
- Blogging Etiquette
- I Can’t Stop Laughing