It is almost National Novel Writing Month also know known as Nanowrimo. For those of you who don’t know what it is here is a brief description:
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000 word, (approximately 175 page) novel by 11:59:59, November 30.
Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.
Because of the limited writing window, the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. Itâ€™s all about quantity, not quality. This approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly.
I am going to participate this year but I have to make a number of decisions about how it is going to work.
- Will I post my insertions here and if so will I publish them all daily.
- If I don’t publish them here where will I do it and will I share the URL.
- Do I take this opportunity to use Fragments of Fiction as the foundation for the story or do I go a different direction.
- Technically shouldn’t this be something like question number 8 or 9. Every other question has been composed of multiple questions.
- Will Nanowrimo push me to finally write the book that is inside of me?
Lots 0f questions and no answers yet, but there will be soon. Stay tuned to this bat channel and or leave your comments, thoughts and ideas in the comment section.