If you want to know what moves and motivates me, the codes I live by and the credos I keep you can read the words of Winston Churchill that I quoted below.
- â€œSuccess is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.â€
- â€œWe sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.â€
- â€œBefore you can inspire with emotion, you must be swamped with it yourself. Before you can move their tears, your own must flow. To convince them, you must yourself, believe.â€
- â€œIf you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time – a tremendous whack.â€
- â€œIt is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.â€
- â€œSometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.â€
â€• Winston Churchill
What Happens When You Have Bad Web Hosting?
A ‘gator declared war upon the mighty ship, TheJackB. The first salvo was fired months ago and the war has ebbed and flow for quite some time and in spite of the armistice shots were fired last week.
Those of you who know me recognize I DESPISE not being given straight answers by customer service professionals and sales people. I am very tolerant of being told “I don’t know.”
It is a reasonable answer.
We don’t always know the answer to a question so it is often smarter to tell the customer you don’t know the answer and then reassure them by promising to get it or at least put them in contact with someone who can help them.
Well, that damn gator chose to lie, obfuscate and attack so we have been in an all out struggle for days now. Days of downtime interspersed with a note saying the site was down for maintenance.
And that my friends is unacceptable to me so I have changed hosts and moved to Synthesis and Â with someÂ luckÂ within the next couple of days we will see a smooth migration and you will have a much nicer experience here.
Bad Hosting Experiences Are Unpleasant
Sometimes we forget about how many moving pieces are involved in blogging and how they all affect our overall experience. One of the many reasons why I am making this move is I am hopeful the newÂ teamÂ will not only be more professional but more helpful in helping me fix the back end so that things load more quickly and move more smoothly.
It has been a good teaching moment for my children. They have seen me go to battle to fix things and watched my eyes bug out and heard the maniacal laughter that comes with it.
But they have also watched and learned.
Watched and listened to me talk about how we don’t give up, we take a deep breath, figure out what is broken and then find a solution. Sometimes we fix it ourselves and some times we find someone to help us.
But we don’t give up because help is out there and if the web is good for one thing it is information.
See You On The Other Side
This will probably be the last post before the migration so I don’t know if you will see any updates for a few days but if you are in dire need of a Jack Steiner fix you can find more material at my other blogs:
See you on this side or the next.