There Are No Coincidences

sky walker There Are No Coincidences

There are no coincidences because what you see, hear and do are part of something greater than us. It is tied into something larger that can be described as both mystical and magical.

Don’t ask me to explain this because I can’t tell you how or why. All I can say is that I know because I have experienced it. I have seen it. I have lived it. I have been there and that is all the proof that I can provide.

It won’t be enough for some of you. It won’t be the kind of thing that you can accept because you can’t buy, touch or taste it. Actually that is not true, you can but only if you open your mind and let your soul seek its match.

I know this because for the longest time I didn’t do it. I spent years not buying into it or believing that it could be real. It wasn’t because I didn’t want to because I did. I desperately wanted to believe that this thing was something tangible. Because I just knew that if I could feel it in my hands and see it with my eyes it would prove that there was something to this dream I had once lived.

You see I fell in love with a girl and I loved her fiercely. I loved her madly. I loved her passionately. I loved her in every way that the poets wrote of, spoke of and dreamed of.

I loved her with all of my heart and all of my soul. I loved her desperately and somewhere in that madness I lost her.

Some of you can’t feel what I am saying. These words have no meaning to you. They are figments of imagination that you can’t feel, see or taste. So they never grab you. Your heart, your eyes and your mind are closed to them.

I can’t fault or blame you because I used to be like you. I used to look at this sort of writing and roll my eyes because I didn’t know. I hadn’t seen. I hadn’t felt it.

But that was long ago. That was in the time before I became who I am now. That was before I understood that love is a drug that can make you soar to the highest heights and or drop your ass into a pit so dark and dank you can’t remember what it felt like to see sunshine.

Some of you are nodding your head. You don’t even realize that you are doing it. You aren’t even aware that your pulse has quickened and you can’t see anything other than these words and even those are growing faint.

That is because we are running with the moon you and I. We are partners on a journey and you want to know more about my story because you hope that maybe it holds some sort of key insight to your story.

You want to know about the girl I loved and what happened to her. You want to know if there is hope for us because if there is hope for us there might be some for you.

The thing that is ever so interesting about this is that I haven’t given you much in the way of detail. You haven’t heard about how we met in the most unusual way or how crazy it all was. You don’t know how it is we fell in love. You wonder if I am exaggerating or maybe you don’t.

Maybe you know what it is like to have that kind of passion where you can’t stand not having that person in your life because there is a gaping void that aches and burns without respite.  Maybe you too were surprised to discover that the kind of crazy love you experienced the first time you ever fell in love could come back. Maybe you were shocked by the passion and overwhelmed by the loss of the friendship that you had.

Because that friendship threw you for a loop. It wasn’t just about love or lust. You liked them as a person. They filled the gaps and made you believe that you could be more than you were. They made you believe that all that hokey stuff you read in cheap paperbacks or saw on television might be based in reality. You understood that you could be naked in every possible way with them and be confident that they would caress your soul and cradle your heart.

It doesn’t have to be a dream. You don’t have to keep running with the moon. You don’t have to feel that enormous sense of loss or wonder whether you can ever love and be loved like that again because if it happened once it can happen again.

There are no coincidences. You can live your dream. You can find a way back. All you need to do is let go, submit to the reality of the possibility and accept that there will be opportunity.

It is not poetry or fiction. It is reality. It can’t happen on its own but if you ask and if you believe you will find the answer. You don’t need the old gypsy woman to sell you Love Potion number 9.

There are no coincidences.

moonshine There Are No Coincidences

photo by: h.koppdelaney

Comments

Of course you knew I’d love this post and believe equally in the magic, coincidence, the “supposed to be” stuff. Because I do but I don’t control it. It’s like my heart. I can’t control that either. I can squash it, tell it to be quiet, overrule it with my mind but it knows what it knows and feels how its going to. Haven’t read one of these, from you, in a long time. Thanks for the link. It was totally appropriate for my “control” stream.

Hi Gina,

I still wrestle with this. My belief comes and goes and I find myself doing the heart versus head bit. Kind of try to let it go as it will and that is enough. Too many other things to get stuck fighting about that.

I have written a few of these pieces, might have published them elsewhere. Hard to remember.
      Jack recently posted..Give Me An Example Of A RantMy Profile

I am open but no longer believe there is reason for everything. Ah, violence, death…the great equalizer. This post is beautiful even if it did make me cry.

Beautifully written, you have me somewhat amazed that you believe in coinicidences. You open the door to some magical world, why do I fear that you will go banging it shut?

Jack, did I miss something here? You are saying you believe in fate, kismet, karma, right? Doesn’t coincidence fit in there somewhere too? I suppose you can “design” your experiences but mostly “shit happens”. Even with the best laid plans. If that’s what you are saying then I am with you bro.

At least I hope so.

Beautifully written piece. I feel you…..

Hi Ralph,

I am semi agnostic on this one. I know stories that make me wonder about it all. Can’t say that life is one way or another. Just a mix of crazy, complex and complicated. But as long as you have fun, well it is good.
      Jack recently posted..There Are No CoincidencesMy Profile

Sigh….Jack, Jack, Jack. Sometimes I just want to grab a canvas and paint a watercolor image of the one that matches the imagery that you have painted with your beautiful words…and then, with the magic of my brush, in a moment only you would experience, I would make the image become real for you. The love that you describe is worthy of experience. That said, you are right…there are no coincidences….the openness with which you allow yourself to experience your life will lead you to where you are to go…whom you are to meet….
    Just beautiful my talented friend…
    Claudia

Hi Claudia,

Who says I don’t know about this from personal experience. Maybe I have lived both sides and maybe I haven’t. There might be a reason why this falls under the category of Fragments of Fiction. ;)

For the moment I am just trying to enjoy the storms that I keep passing through. Just part of the journey and one day things will snap into place again…or they won’t. ;)

Hope you are having a great weekend.
      Jack recently posted..There Are No CoincidencesMy Profile

I agree with every word. My wife tells me that believing in coincidence means I believe our life together was luck. She’s right. I’m lucky that we were meant to be together.

This is one of your best posts.

I understand true love, and the passion. And to me, it was all about action. If I hadn’t done what I did, I would never have met her, and maybe I would never have experienced it.

My wife and I met under circumstances that should have never happened. I was in a place that I wasn’t supposed to be, and she came to the same place not knowing where the next stop was.

The intersections of life are at times unplanned trips. The stars are aligned in just the right places, and that “mystical and magical” force just takes over. Thanks for this very inspiring Friday morning read.

There are no coincidences in life. There’s a grand synchronicity, like a master tapestry or orchestra, where the pieces come together as if by “magic”. The more we open our eyes, minds and hearts to it, the more beautiful the view and the sound. Cheers! Kaarina

Imagine this as two players in the game, moving toward one another. “The one that I want, wants me, and we are being brought together on the checkerboard of life, even now.”

“I request ___________, if it is in my Highest path and purpose, and for the Greatest Good of all involved.”

A friend of mine once bought a bottle of Love Potion No. 9 in New Orleans. It was the summer after my Freshman year at USC. A friend and I were making our way home back to the East Coast. Needless to say, the potion didn’t work. [grin]

Most of the mystical-type gypsies here in Romania deal in straight up curses. I suppose that is because old Scratch doesn’t trade in blessings. But I don’t know much about those things.

Trackbacks