Words That Are Never Read

Sometimes people write me to ask if I wonder or worry about posts that don’t receive any comments. I usually tell them no and most of the time I mean it.

Post without comments are orphans, but they are still well loved and they serve a purpose. Comments are not my form of currency and I don’t measure my success or lack thereof by them.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t want comments or that sometimes I am disappointed when my work isn’t “appreciated” because it is not true. Humans want to feel valued and I am no different than most.

But I write because I love to do this. I write because I get paid to write and this is my cyber sandbox and it is where I work to keep my skills sharp.

0 Words That Are Never Read

I just stumbled onto this particular version of Eli, Eli and I really enjoy it. It reminds me of a million different times and places, but now I am thinking of Jerusalem.

The memories of people who I once knew and in some cases still know wash over me and I am lost in time. There were days where I was a different man than I am now. Can’t say I was better or worse, but definitely different.

That guy had plans to live 10,000 miles from home and would have had a very different life. I wonder what he would have been like and who he would have become. It is part of why I wish I could live to be 1,000 years old because I could have figured that out. I could have continued to take the road less traveled and explored some other places and times.

Instead I am here and most of the time content, but I would not be true to who I am if I didn’t say I have bouts of wanderlust and a desire to hit the open road and just explore the land that lies over there, wherever that may be.

So I suppose that the words I worry most about reading or being read are those written upon my heart.

SOCSunday janasthinkingplace150 Words That Are Never Read

Comments

I first liked this “cyber sandbox” but then I really loved “the words I worry most about reading or being read are those written upon my heart.” And even though I don’t always comment either, I know you know what I’ve read and liked it!
    Gina recently posted..Eat This!My Profile

Yes Jack – there are times when due to time constraints we really can’t leave comments at so many of the wonderful blogs we come across, even though we might want to.

But that doesn’t mean we didn’t like them or haven’t read them too. It just isn’t humanly possible to be in so many places – isn’t it? Nevertheless, I am glad I am here sometimes at least. :)

Thanks for sharing. :)
    Harleena Singh recently posted..How to Make Your Life Easier in Simple WaysMy Profile

Hi Harleena,

I appreciate the comments I receive and understand sometimes it is just impossible to leave them elsewhere. There have been many times I have read a post and intended to leave a comment only to have that not happen.

I try not to let my ego get too caught up in this or to take things too seriously. Blogging should be fun.

I always appreciate when you come by because it is clear you have read the entire post. Sometimes people leave a comment that shows they didn’t read the whole thing.
      Jack recently posted..You Are The Biggest Liar In Social MediaMy Profile

There are times that I do not comment on a post and I has touched me in some way but I do try to comment on this that I connect with because I wish the same for me. Even if a small comment. I do believe that if no one comments someone is still listening. It only motivates me to do better.
    Alma recently posted..The Making of a HomeMy Profile

This post really speaks to me. Posts with no comments make me sad, but then I sit back and realize that I write my words because I want them to come to life. I don’t write for rote and trite comments. I’d rather have one heartfelt one than a million that don’t mean a thing. Glad you joined us, Jack!
    jana recently posted..And Loretta Makes FourMy Profile

Hi Jamie,

A friend tipped me off to that cover and I have listened to it dozens of times. It taps into something deep inside. There are such stories wrapped up in this…

Blogging is about connection or so I think. I write throughout the day because I love to write and the words speak to me, but the relationships and connections that come with this make it all more meaningful.
      Jack recently posted..You Are The Biggest Liar In Social MediaMy Profile