Slapstick comedy is my refuge from life. It is the place I go when I just want to relieve stress. Ok, that is not entirely true, I live there.
I love that kind of craziness, I love the wacky, silly world that is embodied by slapstick humor.
And within that realm one of my all time favorites is Groucho Marx. Nobody delivered a line like Groucho.
- “I’ve had a wonderful time, but this wasn’t it”
- “Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you.”
- “If you’ve heard this story before, don’t stop me, because I’d like to hear it again.”
- A man’s only as old as the woman he feels.”
- “I’m not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are”
- “Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.”
- “I married your mother because I wanted children. Imagine my disappointment when you arrived.”
- “I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.”
This link here is from a Night at The Opera, one of my all time favorite movies. And talk about a crowded bedroom.
I had planned on making this a longer post but I am having too much fun with all of the clips, see you later.
(Visited 71 times, 1 visits today)
benning December 13, 2006 at 9:34 pm
Ahh, the Marx Brothers! Funny, talented, irreverant! Loved ’em!
Also the Three Stooges and W.C.Fields!
The Misanthrope September 9, 2005 at 1:26 pm
The Marx Brothers are awesome! In the summer of ’72, we used to read the TV Guide looking for Marx Brothers or W.C. Fields’ movies; this was before DVDs, video players and cable. It was probably my last or penultimate summer before I had to start working as a teenager. I learned to play chess that year too.
Jack's Shack September 9, 2005 at 7:13 am
You ladies have good taste.
Stacey September 9, 2005 at 3:52 am
Love the 3 Stooges, Abbott & Costello and the Marx Bros.
BarbaraFromCalifornia September 9, 2005 at 2:11 am
Being a slap-stick lover myself, I understand the appeal of this flavor of humor.
My tastes lean more towards the Three Stooges, who still, to this day, occupy a special and unique place inside of my heart.