Some Things I’ll Teach My Children
I have a long list of items to teach my children but here is an incomplete list of things that I want to teach them.
- Laugh, love and learn always and forever.
- Never forget to hold your friends and family close to you.
- A good hug can change your day. Everyone needs a hug. We all need to touch and be held. My thoughts on being shomer negiah later.
- The majority opinion is not always right nor the most moral/ethical.
- Some things are worth fighting for and some are not. The hard part is discerning which is which.
- You can never read too many books but you must always supplement your reading/education by doing.
- Travel and interact with the world around you.
- Learn to speak more than one language.
- Play a team sport and learn how to be a team player.
- Understand that life is a journey and that half the fun is indeed getting there.
(Visited 61 times, 1 visits today)
Jack's Shack November 16, 2005 at 2:11 am
I’ll be happy to let you know of events as I hear about them. You may already be aware of this, but the Jewish Journal usually has a calendar that lists them as well.
It is a decent resource.
Brian November 16, 2005 at 2:04 am
If they live by even half of those things they will benefit tremendously.
Tamara November 15, 2005 at 5:23 pm
Jack, you seem awesome! Your wife and your children are blessed! I can’t wait to meet you one of these days…hey, can you let me know when there are Jewish events in LA that you hear of? Since I’m newly returned, I’m totally out of the social loop. 🙂 Thanks~
Ezzie November 15, 2005 at 2:50 pm
Jack's Shack November 15, 2005 at 2:32 pm
Thank you MC. When they get a little older I think that they will appreciate it more.
MC Aryeh November 15, 2005 at 2:27 pm
Fantastic list. I hope your kids appreciate the wisdom you are imparting to them…
Jack's Shack November 15, 2005 at 2:24 pm
I try. I am not alway successful, but I ty.
bornfool November 15, 2005 at 1:31 pm
We would all do well to learn those and live them.