Some Things Iâ€™ll Teach My Children (Updated Again)
I have a long list of items to teach my children but here is an incomplete list of things that I want to teach them.
- Laugh, love and learn always and forever.
- Never forget to hold your friends and family close to you.
- A good hug can change your day. Everyone needs a hug. We all need to touch, to be held and to feel loved.
- The majority opinion is not always right nor the most moral/ethical.
- Some things are worth fighting for and some are not. The hard part is discerning which is which.
- You can never read too many books but you must always supplement your reading/education by doing.
- Travel and interact with the world around you.
- Learn to speak more than one language.
- Play a team sport and learn how to be a team player.
- Understand that life is a journey and that half the fun is indeed getting there.
- Life is filled with moments, some good and some bad. Just remember this too shall pass.
- If saying goodbye doesnâ€™t hurt than whatever it was probably wasnâ€™t worth much.
- Take pictures of friends, places and loved ones. Theyâ€™ll help preserve some great memories.
- Try not to grow up too quickly. Childhood is but a short time.
- Look for magic.
- Don’t be afraid to take a chance. Experiment, love and learn.
- Sometimes you need to repeat and redo to learn the lesson. Be open.
- Don’t put a healthy head in a sick bed.
- Take care of your body now so that it is easier to take care of later.
- There is a difference between rebelling just to rebel and standing up for what is right.
- Dad repeats himself…often. There is always a purpose and a reason for this.
- Be present and live today. That doesn’t mean ignore the future or the past- but remember now is what is happening and tomorrow may never come. Find the balance.
- Remember that you may not always agree with your parents but they also are looking out for your best interests.
Ok readers, what is missing? Please share your thoughts in the comments.
(Visited 265 times, 1 visits today)