â€œGentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.â€ â€• Vince Lombardi
Every week someone reaches out to ask me what my blog is about. Sometimes they have read the “About Me” page and sometimes they haven’t.Â If they “have read it” and still have questions I ask myself if the fault is mine. Am I responsible for their not being able to discern what this joint is about. It is not a ridiculous question. It is reasonable.
So I start by looking at my stats so that I can which of my posts are most popular:
- The Cure For Insomnia
- One Slightly Used Pump For Sale
- Why Steve Jobs Isnâ€™t Important Now
- Some Things Iâ€™ll Teach My Children (Updated)
- The Best Cover Letterâ€¦.Ever
- Dealing With Divorce
- Why Your Post Sucks and Everyone Hates Your Blog
- Your Blog Bores Me
- A Letter To The Universe
- He Didnâ€™t Die
You can accuse me of lacking perspective, but I see it resembling the content I describe on the about me page. There is evidence that I am a dad blogger, writer and man who share his thoughts about life.
I usually follow up by looking at keyword searches to see what sort of traffic is finding its way here.
- best cover letter ever
- jesus hates tim tebow
- what happens when you die
- nazi criminals purim codes
- letters to the universe
- What is it like before you die
- i believe” ray charles fire and fury
- 10 things jesus said to tebow
- a good friend will bail you out a best friend is in jail with you story
- are our schools hurting our children
- bloggers are narcissists
- commentluv vs livefyre
- do you still beat your wife
- does darth vader love luke
- google+ live writer
- how to write the perfect post
- i want this car
- Never bet against a sicilian
- rules of blog design
- should i have slept with her?
- things to hump around the house
- tim tebow failure
- what are the biggest challenges when writing for others
- what are the two things you would want with you if you were ship wrecked
- what happens to your facebook when you die
- let me love you again
- Inigo Montoya
Every time I see the results of these keyword searches I feel like I should respond to some of them.
I wrote the best cover letter ever which is why when you search for it you are being sent here. If you still beat your wife you need to stop immediately and get help. Â Some schools are hurting our children. If you want to write the perfect post than you need to read the post I wrote about it.
This is not a place to find things to hump around the house. Darth Vader does love Luke and yes, you probably should have slept with her because she is terribly upset that you didn’t and now all you do is mope about what could have been.
Are You A Serious Blogger
Am I a serious blogger? Am I a serious blogger. Am I a Serious Blogger?
Well, answer the damn question Jack. You can’t handle the truth or maybe you can. The answer is that I don’t care to answer it. Am I serious about blogging? Why yes I am. That is why I do this every day. That is why I ask you to become a fan of my Facebook page and to subscribe to the blog. And if you don’t do these things than my personal assistant will come visit you. He is pictured below.
Ok, you got me. I am not that serious. Well, let me correct that. I am serious about writing. I love this stuff and it is why I have outlasted so many others. This is fun. Blogging is fun. If it is not fun for you then you need to ask yourself why you are doing it.
I know what my blog is about and why I am doing it. I know what I want to achieve. I have a plan and I am following it. How about you?