Peel Back The Layers
I am listening to Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss singing Whiskey Lullaby and thinking about the moments in life that shape and mold us into who we become.
That song just hits me on so many different levels. Sometimes when I am writing I use it as a tool to take me to places I’d rather not visit and stir up the ashes so that I can hit the deeper levels.
It is about layers to me, peeling them back and showing someone and something that is not wooden and two dimensional. When I write I want to paint a picture with my words and know that the readers see what I see or something close to it.
I took my son to the LA Auto Show yesterday and had a fabulous time. We wandered among the cars and got lost in the fantasy. I showed him some of my “old” cars and talked a bit about what they used to look like.
Got behind the wheel of the 2013 Camaro and remembered my ’77. It looked different and probably drove differently than the new one, but I loved it. Loved this one too.
Wish I could have started it up and rolled on out of there. Stared at the Aston Martin that James Bond drove too, and got lost in memories, thoughts and ideas.
That show was just begging for someone to spend real time there digging up the stories of the people and places that were there. I could hear the whispers of the past and the echoes of the future.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. Itâ€™s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rulesâ€¦
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but donâ€™t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.