Is there such a thing as too many gifts? As a child I would have laughed in your face and said no way, but as a parent I feel differently.
It surprises me a bit to feel like this, but I do. I think sometimes relatives go overboard with the gifts and my kids get more than they need. The children deserve the moon and I am frustrated because right now I simply can’t give them gifts as I would like to, but that doesn’t mean they go without.
They get and they receive and they give back so good things are happening.
In the grand scheme of things my concern about too many gifts is a good problem to have. It is far better than what we could face and I am grateful for that. I know from experience how things can go a different direction.
Maybe that is part of the issue. Maybe it is because this week I spoke the siblings of a friend we lost long ago. Maybe that is why I feel the weight.
Yet there is so much joy now too. When we lit the candles last night it was impossible not to smile and be excited. The look on their faces and the smiles that we saw were amazing.
Real hugs. They stopped fighting and worked together.
They are normal siblings. Don’t fight or argue more than any other set, but sometimes you forget.
All I want to do is raise kids who will grow up to be productive members of society and who understand there is more to life than gifts.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. Itâ€™s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rulesâ€¦
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but donâ€™t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.