Tales of Treachery & Treason On The High Seas of Blogging
Some days as I sail the Mighty blog TheJackB through the reefs, shoals and storms we see throughout the blogosphere I think about how many times we have had to contend with blatant skullduggery and intentional obfuscation or purpose.
How many times have we done battle with numbskulls, nincompoops and ninnies who have tried to use tired blogging and social media tricks to convince us that they were superstars who deserved lavish amounts of praise for producing the sort of content that would best be served in a newspaper used by fish mongers.
I am not here to talk to you about the many ways you can use keywords like Snowden, Gandolfini, Blackhawks or North West to try and gain traffic.
Not going to start a flame war or talk about dad bloggers can monetize their blogs, nope, not going to do it.
What I Will Do Is Confess
What I will is confess that any time I hear the songs in the videos below I have to sing along. It is almost compulsive, but not quite:
Look out, here comes the blogger man….
Posts I Wish You Would Read
And yes I am going to link to some posts I wrote about blogging and writing because some of you may not have seen them and I hope you take time to check them out now.
- How To Become A Better Writer- Build Your Vocabulary
- How To Make Time For Blogging
- What Happens When You Get Bored With Blogging
- Can You Build Community Without Comments?
- Why Content Marketers Should Write Fiction
- 666 Devilish Ways To Murder a Blog(ger)
- Â The Summer Of Blogging
- The Blog Assassin
- Five Stories Of Sexual Conquest In Social Media
- When Blogging Became a Popularity Contest