Overthinking Change

Some changes are easily made because it is easy to predict what will happen after you make whatever changes you have chosen to make.

Others are more challenging because you can’t determine what will happen in advance and are forced to work with your best guess. That is not necessarily a bad thing but it can be troubling at times.

That is where I am at right now, operating off my gut and best guess.

Got some big changes coming up in the next few days and my head is spinning. I am excited and optimistic but there are moments of doubt where I think about whether it is the right decision.

That is the challenge of having too much time to think about big decisions. You don’t want to suffer from paralysis of analysis and over think things. It is easily done, this over analysis and I am working on not doing it.

But I am not surprised to see or feel these things. It is just part of the package.

It is also why I try to build my changes with a short turnaround. Take out the extra time where you can so that you don’t fall into the trap of wondering and worrying about  every little detail.

Nothing is forever and there is no reward without some risk.

SOCSunday janasthinkingplace150 Overthinking Change

**********************

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…

• Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spell checking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love

Comments

Some things are forever.
    Make choices about the things that aren’t with gusto….because you can. And the things that last watch the choices made about the things that don’t, forever influencing the ability of things that do to do the same. :)….hopefully for the better.

I love you SOC Sunday post! I’m glad you liked up!

“…there is no reward without some risk.” This is a little in line with part of my post…that life is about experience and change, and with that comes some risk. And it’s not all bad.

Hi Teala,

Sometimes you have to take a chance and see what happens. I have to admit that sometimes it is harder to say that with a straight face, but I am doing it because I believe it.

Hope you are doing well, appreciate the comment.
      Jack recently posted..How To Overcome FearMy Profile

There is no reward (or satisfaction) without risk. That is the crux of life, isn’t it? And I’m an overthinker too. Or more accurately, a recovering overthinker. Nothing is more freeing than acting without much thought. The trick is to do it at the right times.

Hi Jamie,

Any time I think about over thinking of things I go back to a time when I went cliff diving. The first few times were easy. I climbed up, took a running leap and went for it.

The only time I had trouble was when I looked down and started thinking about how far it was–too much thought led to a paralysis. Eventually I jumped, but…
      Jack recently posted..How To Overcome FearMy Profile

Hmmm… This sounds like me. I could have written this post! I’m also big on thinking too much and deep introspection. I read somewhere before that people like us aren’t as happy as others because we’re so focused on trying to get to some elusive “better place” in our heads. Malarkey, I say.