There are moments where I almost feel like I have adapted to the pace and rhythm of my new surroundings and then I remember that I am only here for just a moment.
That’s because this hotel has always been the first stop in my new home and now it has served its purpose. Tomorrow I am going to move to a new place which is still just a rest stop, but better suited as a base of operations.
It sounds so serious, “base of operations” but that is how I see it. It is set up for an extended stay and what I will use for the “longer short term” period in which I look for a good rental property.
I didn’t want to rent anything sight unseen so I made a point to set things up like this so that I could put some boots on the ground and figure out where the best place to live will be.
The net result of all of this is I haven’t found my groove yet nor adopted a new routine. I have mixed emotions about it.
I like the dynamic environments I am in now but I also like having my “creature comforts” attended to so I am anxious to do the things I need to do to make that happen.
Besides, I am desperate to find a new gym and place to play basketball and I can’t focus on locating that until I have a more “permanent home.” There are bigger problems than this so I suppose I am grateful to be worried about just these things.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spell checking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love