Snake In The Toilet

Talk about unexpected surprises.

“The fear factor is high at one Florida home – the family is afraid of going to the bathroom, and for good reason. Alicia Bailey was bitten by, what appears to be, a large water moccasin hiding in the toilet bowl in the middle of the night. The poisonous snake bit her thigh after she lifted the lid sending her to the hospital for three days.

No one knows how the snake got there, or where it went after that, so the family is a little jumpy these days. Richard Bailey tells us, “We’re not looking to take it alive – I just want it out of here.” Alicia adds, “We’re currently very uncomfortable in our home – and toilet-shy, I would say, and real anxious for closure.”

The Bailey’s eleven-year-old son is now staying with neighbors, because doctors say, he would die if he were bitten by a snake that size. “

(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)

3 Comments

  1. Cindra July 23, 2005 at 4:27 pm

    I would love to read Barry’s accounting of this. By the way, Jack, if you are a Harry Potter Fan, you should read Barry’s Peter and the Starcatchers. It’s a good read. Right now I am listening to Jim Dale read it on CD.

  2. Stephen (aka Q) July 22, 2005 at 11:37 pm

    Dave Barry, the humor columnist for the Miami Herald, has a column about this. As I recall, the snake would actually disappear down one toilet and appear in another toilet, elsewhere in the house.

    Not an easy problem to fix!
    Q

  3. Z July 22, 2005 at 5:39 pm

    And to think all I ever worried about was the boys not putting down the seat…

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

You may also like