Things that Frighten Me
In honor of Halloween I am going to reprise last year’s list.
This a list of things that have frightened me in my life. Some are still relevant and some are not. But I thought that it might be interesting to just throw them all out there to see what they look like during daylight hours. P.S. I have explanations for all of these, but I may not include them on the list. Why? I just don’t feel like it. 🙂
- The Dark
- The Amityville Horror scared me.
- Oscar the Grouch
- Bigfoot- The one from the Bionic Man television Show. He gave Steve Austin plenty of trouble.
- The Creature in the Legend of Boggy Creek
- A couple of dogs that chased me on my paper route.
- The homeless guy from the park.
- V.L.- He and I got into a fight in high school. I pretty much kicked his ass up and down the corridor, but I do remember shaking with adrenalin afterwards. For about two weeks I was concerned that I was going to have to face him and his older brother again.
- Having my heart broken again
- Breaking someone’s heart
- Not being able to provide for my family
- Letting my children down
- Not making it to the bathroom in time.
- Finding out that I have a child that I didn’t know about.- Ladies this is never a problem for you, but we men wonder about this sometimes.
- Being mugged at an ATM- When I was in college a guy was murdered at the ATM I used that day. It was several hours after I had used it, but….
- Something happening to my children.
- Getting stuck at a job I hate
- Never living out my dreams.
- Being paralyzed
- Losing a parent/close friend or family member- Actually I have lost several friends and family members, but it is still a fear.
- Losing my perspective on life and why most of these things are nonsense.
(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)
Ezzie November 1, 2005 at 6:16 pm
Stacey – he’s still on the money…
Stacey November 1, 2005 at 2:12 pm
“The heights. Oy vey.”
Oh, puh-lease. As if you’ve ever been there.
Ezzie November 1, 2005 at 11:06 am
Jack's Shack November 1, 2005 at 7:21 am
The heights. Oy vey.
Ezzie November 1, 2005 at 6:58 am
Pepper Pike?! No no… Cleveland Heights! Not very mean either – mostly RW Orthodox Jews.
Jack's Shack November 1, 2005 at 6:42 am
You are a simian of the highest order. Suck on some fruit, will you. 😉 Hee hee.
Stacey November 1, 2005 at 5:44 am
The mean streets of Pepper Pike?? Your ignorance is unabashedly shining through.
Jack's Shack November 1, 2005 at 5:13 am
The list was kind of fun to make. Face your fears.
Sometimes being home alone bothers me too.
You survived the mean streets of Pepper Pike, you can handle anything.
Ezzie November 1, 2005 at 4:37 am
I loved Oscar the Grouch!
Z November 1, 2005 at 12:10 am
I am scared of being alone in my house…I admit it and tonight I am. PLUS…I am watching “Most Haunted LIVE” and there’s the cemetary special on PBS AND a Ghosthunter’s Halloween Special. So much to tape…and every time that tape player clicks on or off, it will scare the crap out of me.
Jewish Blogmeister October 31, 2005 at 11:40 pm
Pretty extensive list you got there.
Now people will read it and become paranoid about the stuff you put here …good job!