Not only did I miss the day but I missed telling you about the Pimp My John Toilet Contest sponsored by Roto-Rooter. Fortunately Jameel gave me the tip and I am able to share this with you.
The following information comes from their Press Release:
(Cincinnati, Ohio â€” January 27, Thomas Crapper Day, 2007) â€” The average person spends 11,862 hours in the bathroom â€” which equals one year, four months and five days â€” in a lifetime. It’s amazing the crapper, or as some say, “the toilet,” has evolved so little since the Romans invented the latrine in 2500 B.C., with the most significant advance happening when Albert Giblin, an employee of Thomas Crapper, perfected an effective flush toilet in 1898. The days of emperors and queens have ended, but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve your very own bathroom throne.”
So you are probably wondering why you should enter this contest. What is in it for you. Well here is the answer my friend. Win and you shall be rewarded with the following items:
- Philipsâ„¢ 20-inch LCD TV and Star Wars DVD
- Xboxâ„¢ 360 gaming system
- Philipsâ„¢ DVD player
- GatewayÂ® EMachineâ„¢ laptop computer with fully articulated robot arm
- iPodâ„¢ with stereo docking station equipped with toilet paper dispenser
- Roto-Rooter “emergency” button
- Tivoâ„¢ recorder
- Avantiâ„¢ refrigerator with beer tap, stocked with drinks and snacks
- Magazine rack and subscriptions to Sports Illustrated, ESPN and GQ
- Bike pedal exerciser
- Cup warmer / cooler
Win this contest and be the envy of all of your friends.