I splurged on one of those mall massages yesterday because my body feels like I got worked over by two or three guys and their tap shoes.
There are knots, bruises and bumps all over and I ache.
The massage wasn’t long enough and didn’t do enough to take the edge off of things, but the funny thing is I didn’t realize how bad it was until they started working on me.
It is not surprising because I have been too busy to notice much of anything and when you run like I have been running it is easy to be unaware of all that is going on in your world.
The massage was 15 minutes long which apparently was enough time for the back, arms and legs to tell the brain that things aren’t quite right. Of course the stomach has been shouting at me all week long but I ignored him because that bastard has been whining at me for twenty some years or so.
Call it the joy of a dysfunctional digestive system.
So today I decided I am going to build in more time to exercise. If it works as I hope it will help alleviate the stress and work out the kinks that have been hanging out far too long.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. Itâ€™s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rulesâ€¦
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but donâ€™t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar). .
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.