Coming Attractions- A More Effective Way To Market Your Blog Posts
I don’t know about you but the trailers are among my favorite part of going to see a movie.
A good trailer is captivating, compelling and cool. A good trailer makes a huge difference in the perception that people have about a coming attraction and is a key component in creating a buzz for the film.
If I had the time and resources I would make trailers for all of my upcoming blog posts and then I would charge $100 for a bag of popcorn that cost me 50 cents to make. Hey, if the theaters can do it, why can’t I. 😉
Ok, so maybe a $100 per bag of popcorn is a little bit over the top as is my idea of getting you to watch a trailer promoting my upcoming posts. But the thing is that if you want to distinguish yourself and break free of the noise you have to spend some time thinking about how to do it.
That is part of the fun of blogging. You can be a mad scientist and experiment. You can make changes on the fly and test things out. There is no doubt that some things never change like the need for great content.
While you probably won’t see me putting together the really cool trailers you see at the theater you might see me do more video posts here. It is not hard to put together a video and if you practice you can get pretty good at constructing something that doesn’t look like it was made by a staff of blind chimpanzees.
If you haven’t been by recently here is a list of links to some of the recent posts that were published:
- The Summertime Blues
- How Do You Identify Your Best Posts?
- The Reason Your Blog Is A Failure
- 69 Reasons Why Fathers Make Better Lovers
- Bad Friends, Cluttered Design & Fatherâ€™s Day
- What Happens When The Rabbiâ€™s Daughter Sleeps With The Priestâ€™s Son
- How Much Does It Cost To Be A Blogger?
- Do We Really Need Another Email Newsletter?
- The Blogiversary Post You Deserve To Read & I Wanted To Write
- Change Isnâ€™t Coming, It Is Happening Now
And as a bonus here are two blasts from the past: