Understanding The Popularity Of Your Most Popular Posts
Every now and then I like to see what the various plugins and stat counters recognize as the most popular posts here. I find it kind of interesting and there is some utility to understanding which post(s) generates the most traction and attraction.
In theory you can use that data to produce more content around the popular stuff and grow your readership. Most of the time I find that my favorite posts are rarely on these lists.
Writing popular material is both science and art so it is not surprising to see that things I love aren’t always given the same praise by others.
And here my friends are what “science” currently show as the Top 15. Â Some of them are pretty good, but there are others where I just smile and think “ok, not what I would have picked, but…”
The real question I ask myself is whether I want to tailor more content around some of the topics here.
- A Letter To My Children-2011
- The Best Cover Letterâ€¦.Ever
- One Slightly Used Pump For Sale
- Why Steve Jobs Isnâ€™t Important Now
- Some Things Iâ€™ll Teach My Children (Updated)
- Mean Girls Come From Mean Moms
- There Are No Coincidences
- It Is The Relationshipsâ€¦Stupid
- Things Bloggers Say During Sex
- A Severe Case of Bad Blogging
- Substance Trumps Pretty Packaging
- A Thankless Thanksgiving
- My Children Got Too Many Gifts
- Do You Live Your Dreams Or Dream Your Life
- She Dances